Thursday, December 31, 2009

Number Ten: Smile More

I plan to smile more each day, whether I want to or not. Dr. Andrew Newberg and Mark Waldman, writting in How God Changes Your Brain say that smiling stimulates brain circuits that enhance social interactions,empathy, and mood.Even seeing a smiling face will enhance your mood.

10 things that make me smile:

10.An inter-species conclave of little birds uniting to ward off a hawk
9. A sleeping cat.
8. The Yes Album.
7. Squash blossoms at sun rise.
6. Silence. Deep prayer silence, not the run of the mill silence.
5. A really good turn of phrase in a sermon.
4. Wacky Italian pop videos from the 60's found on Youtube.
3. My daughters when they are sleeping.
2. Listening to my wife sing Victory In Jesus.
1. Sharing a joke with my wife. After 15 years we've become attuned to the same sense of humor.

What makes you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment