Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Number Seven: Learn to Play an Instrument

My daughters and wife put me to shame because they all play the piano. Once, years ago,in the basement of a friend's house on a new year's eve,I must have tapped into the morphic field of Keith Jarrett as I sat and improvised for over an hour. All who were there agreed that it sounded wonderful. It must be noted that prior to tapping into KJ's morphic field, we had all been liberally tapping into the morphic field of John Barleycorn for some hours.
While I'd like to play the piano or clarinet, I'd settle for a Kalimba. Small, portable, and the Zimbaweans use them to summon down the gods. Since our economy is rapidly turning Zimbawesque, why not the Kalimba? Cheap,groovy sound,and if they're good enough for Taj Mahal, they're good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment