Friday, January 1, 2010

Number Twelve: Cut out the soft drinks

Funny after a certain point one starts to notice how one resolution might have a positive impact others. I'm cutting out my cokes this year. Gasp! Yeah, I know, I've tried before, but this is the time I'm succeeding.

While I'm not sure my mother put coke in my bottle as an infant, I wouldn't doubt it. I remember going over to a friend's house and being served warm coke from one of those killer 6oz bottles and saltines when I was five. So, I know I've been on the Dope for at least 45 years. For the uninitiated,folks from a certain generation in the south referred to coca cola as "dopes".


So, how will cutting out cokes positively impact other resolutions? By cutting out cokes I will be able to buy one or two silver coins (resolution one) each month on the money saved each month,and I will absolutely lose weight (resolution 4) by not ingesting all the high fructose corn syrup in a coke. Forget the diet sodas, they even more evil.

Evil? Funny how evil turns up when mentions coke to some folk. Is coke as bad as many think? Yeah,probably. But to be fair, a chemist answers whether Coke is really evil.

Knowing my addiction to coke, this will be a huge challenge to keep.

1 comment:

  1. Funny that since I posted this, the adsense adds on the blog have included offers from free "soft drinks".

    ReplyDelete