Saturday, January 2, 2010

Number Thirteen: Home Brew

Yippee!Northern Brewer has opened a store in town! My best friend was a home brewer and specialized in Pale Ales. He was always a trend setter,but when it came to home brewing,I actually started before him.

Back in the early 80's I dabbled in wine,nothing too serious,a couple of kits ordered out of a seed catalog. As I recall,the kits made a nice little wine, the problem was that I couldn't resist drinking it when I would start to rack. Needless to say, I didn't wait for a mature wine.

So, here I am 25 years later, and it's time I started brewing again, if for no other reason than to honor my fallen comrade. My pal onced brewed a fine dry mead, and I think that I'd like to give mead a try.

Yet another link to an earlier resolution, this time linking to my interest in bees.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment